A simple recipe for golden and tender Smothered Pork Chops served in a deliciously creamy and EXTRA flavorful gravy. A pork chops recipe that is low carb, Keto-friendly, gluten free, and very easy to make.
- ▢FOR THE PORK CHOPS
- ▢1 pound bone-in pork chops, 1-inch thick
- ▢1 teaspoon poultry seasoning or seasoning salt
- ▢1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ▢2 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ▢FOR THE ONION GRAVY
- ▢1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ▢1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ▢pinch of salt
- ▢3 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ▢1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ▢1/4 cup heavy cream
- ▢chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Season pork chops with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Add pork chops to skillet and sear for 5 minutes per side, until golden brown. If skillet isn’t big enough, cook the pork chops in batches. Transfer to a plate and keep covered.
- Return skillet to heat and add a tablespoon of butter; melt over medium heat. Stir in sliced onions and add a pinch of salt. Cook onions for 12 minutes, or until very soft and caramelized, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and fresh thyme; continue to cook for 30 seconds. Pour in chicken broth and using a wooden spoon, scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Whisk in heavy cream and simmer for 1 minute.
- Return pork chops and all the pork juices to the skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue to cook for 3 more minutes, or until pork is completely cooked through and sauce has thickened. Remove from heat; garnish with parsley and serve.