- 195 g Unsalted Butter
- 195 g Dark Chocolate
- 3 Large Eggs
- 275 g Caster Sugar
- 90 g Plain Flour
- 35 g Cocoa Powder
- 200 g Milk Chocolate Chips
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 397 g Condensed Milk (one tin)
- 200 g Milk Chocolate
- 100 g White Chocolate
Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan and line a 9″ Square baking tray with parchment paper.
Melt together the Butter, and Dark Chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until melted. Leave to the side to cool to room temperature!
Using an electric whisk/stand mixer, whisk together the Eggs & Caster Sugar for a few minutes until the colour has turned pale, is very mousse like, and is double the original volume of the amount of eggs + sugar!
You will know its done because when you lift the whisk up out of the mix it should leave a trail for a couple of seconds before disappearing!
When whisked, pour the cooled chocolate mix over eggs and fold together carefully. It might take some time, but be patient – you don’t want to knock out the air you made up on the previous step!
Once completely combined, sift the cocoa powder and plain flour on top of the chocolate mix and then fold together again – still be careful to not knock out the air!
Once combined well, fold through the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin – bake in the oven for 25 minutes! Once baked, leave to cool in the tin completely.
In a large saucepan pour the condensed milk, butter, sugar, and golden syrup and melt on medium heat till the sugar has dissolved – stir frequently to stop anything from catching.
Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5-7 minutes stirring constantly so that the mixture doesn’t catch. BE CAREFUL as the mixture is VERY hot and can burn you if it splashes back!
The mixture will be ready when it has changed to a slightly darker golden color and has thickened to a soft fudge texture!
Pour the caramel onto the brownie base and leave to set. In the fridge would be faster!
Once set, melt the chocolates and pour over the caramel – Swirl them together with the end of a cake skewer so it forms a pretty pattern. Chill the Brownies back in the fridge for another 1-2 hours until the Chocolate has gone hard**!
Chop your treats into the separate pieces and enjoy!
- You can use Milk/Dark/White Chocolate for the chocolate chips, but I would only use Dark Chocolate as the one you melt down in the beginning. You can’t taste that its Dark Chocolate, but you need the depth for the fudgeyness and to combat the sweetness!
- I purposely only bake mine for 25 minutes in this one as I want them to be softer. As they may need to go into the fridge to set the Caramel and Chocolate, you don’t want the brownie to be too dry as it will just dry it out more!
- Warm these up in the microwave and serve with some ice-cream, a delicious dessert for any occasion!
- These will last in an airtight container for up to 1 week if they last that long!